Company News: European Goldfields
Updated: 22 Mar 2010
European Goldfields is a developer-producer with 10 million ounces of gold reserves located within the European Union. The Company has a cashflow positive operating mine in Greece and will evolve into a mid-tier producer through responsible development of 3 significant gold and base metal deposits in Greece and Romania. The Company plans to build on its operating assets by expanding current mining operations, bringing development projects on stream and conducting an aggressive exploration program during 2010.
Business CategoryExploration; Mining
Regions of Operation Europe
Exchange Ticker EGU
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7408 9534
Level 3, 11 Berkeley Street
- W1J 8DS
Most Recent Company News
- EYe on mining: Deal activity to rise - 05 Apr 2013 2:20pm
Chinese investors will help drive mergers and acquisitions this year Read more...
- Greeks protest against Eldorado gold project - 15 Mar 2013 1:01pm
Thousands of protestors took to the streets of Thessaloniki, Greece’s second-largest city, demanding the government revoke approval for a planned gold mine awarded to Canadian company Eldorado Gold Corp Read more...
- European Goldfields execs move EurOmax towards London listing - 20 Jul 2012 2:02pm
EurOmax Resources Ltd plans to further entrench itself as a Eurocentric gold producer, as the company moves towards a London listing under the former management of European Goldfields Ltd Read more...
- European Goldfields accepts US$2.4 billion Eldorado bid - 06 Jan 2012 10:28am
Eldorado Gold Corp has agreed a friendly C$2.5 billion share offer with the board of European Goldfields Ltd Read more...
- EGL interest - 16 Dec 2011 11:56am
Centerra Gold Inc has reportedly joined the list of those interested in buying European Goldfields Ltd Read more...
- European Goldfields confirms approaches - 09 Dec 2011 1:10pm
European Goldfields Ltd has confirmed that it has received takeover “approaches” from third parties but added that no formal offers had been made Read more...
- Konig takes medical leave - 11 Nov 2011 1:09pm
European Goldfields Ltd has announced that its executive chairman and president, Martyn Konig, has taken medical leave of absence as he recovers from a sudden illness Read more...
- Stockpile: Metal price gains help shares recover some ground - 07 Oct 2011 2:33pm
A small gain in metals prices helped commodity shares recover some lost ground following recent sell off in global markets Read more...
- European Goldfields secures funds for Greek gold projects - 07 Oct 2011 2:25pm
European Goldfields Ltd has secured US$750 million funding package to develop its Skouries and Olympias (pictured) projects in Greece in a deal with Qatar Holding LLC Read more...
- EIS approval boosts Hellas plans - 22 Jul 2011 12:01pm
European Goldfields Ltd has updated estimates for projects owned by its 95%-owned Greek subsidiary, Hellas Gold, following the recent approval of an environmental impact study for the projects Read more...
Latest Press Releases
No results were found.
Read articles from the latest Print Edition - MJ 18/07/14
RECENT IN-DEPTH FEATURES
Recently published Reports:
No results were found
Thought leadership Guides, Webinars & Round Table events