Company News: Turquoise Hill Resources
Updated: 10 Sep 2012
Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ: TSX, NYSE & NASDAQ) is an international mining company focused on copper, gold and coal mines in the Asia Pacific region.
- A 66% interest in the Oyu Tolgoi Project, one of the world's largest copper-gold-silver mines on track to begin initial production in southern Mongolia in 2012.
- A 58% interest in established Mongolian coal miner SouthGobi Resources (SGQ: TSX,1878:HK), which is expanding production and exports to China.
- A 59% interest in Ivanhoe Australia (IVA: ASX,TSX), which began production of copper and gold in Queensland in 2012 and also is developing the world's highest-grade molybdenum-rhenium project.
- A 50% interest in Altynalmas Gold, which is developing the Kyzyl Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
- World Trade Centre
- Suite 654 - 999 Canada Place
- British Columbia
- V6C 3E1
Most Recent Company News
- Oyu Tolgoi tax issue rolls on - 26 Sep 2014 2:05pm
Despite the Mongolian tax authority dropping its claim from US$127 million to US$30 million last week, the operator of the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine in Mongolia says the two parties still have issues to be resolved. Read more...
- Oyu Tolgoi tax resolution in sight - 19 Sep 2014 12:33pm
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd and the Mongolian government appear to have resolved a tax matter, with newswires speculating the tax authority had shaved US$100 million off a previously issued US$130 million tax bill to put the issue to bed and get the underground project at Oyu Tolgoi back on track Read more...
- Oyu Tolgoi back on track - 19 Sep 2014 10:25am
The Mongolian government’s long running ‘two steps forward, one step back’ approach to its minerals sector has taken another step forward with the resolution of a tax dispute with Oyu Tolgoi operator, Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. Read more...
- Oyu Tolgoi sees rake failure - 15 Sep 2014 10:53am
The Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine in Mongolia has experienced a failure of the rake arms in one of the mine’s two tailing thickeners Read more...
- Turquoise Hill sells 30% of SouthGobi - 08 Aug 2014 12:19pm
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd has agreed to sell a 29.95% stake in Mongolian coal exploration and development company SouthGobi Resources Ltd to Hong Kong-listed National United Resources Holdings Ltd Read more...
- Mongolia blots its copybook, again - 31 Jul 2014 2:57pm
Mongolia’s fight to facilitate the responsible development of its natural resources has taken another self-inflicted blow through its decision to force compliant companies stripped of exploration licences into a competitive re-tender process. Read more...
- Angst at OT undermines recovering Mongolia - 17 Jul 2014 1:16pm
Majority Oyu Tolgoi owner Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd is not the only combatant in the Mongolian government’s most recent stoush over taxes at the world class copper-gold development. An equally dangerous enemy is time. Read more...
- Oyu Tolgoi study in jeopardy - 27 Jun 2014 12:20pm
Completion of the eagerly awaited feasibility study for the underground development at the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine in Mongolia could be delayed Read more...
- Thibeault in at Turquoise - 06 Jun 2014 12:53pm
Vancouver-based Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd has appointed Steeve Thibeault as chief financial officer (CFO), replacing former CFO Chris Bateman, who left on June 1 after two years in the role Read more...
- Mining finance Asia: Capital rising in the east - 08 May 2014 6:11pm
Asian private capital is being mobilised for increased engagement in the mining sector Read more...
Latest Press Releases
No results were found.
The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to oversee its operations from its headquarters in Toronto, Ontario
Recently published Reports:
No results were found
Thought leadership Guides, Webinars & Round Table events