Listen to Mining Journal and its partners discuss the findings of Mining Journal's Global Finance Report
Research lead Chris Cann will run through the headline findings of the report including a critical review of mining's key global stock exchanges and how they compare; the results of our comprehensive investor sentiment survey; and the conclusions drawn from interviews, surveys and data pulled from the alternative financing community. Also under review are the technical requirements to consider ahead of raising capital.
Key ground covered will include:
• The differences in analyst coverage between stock exchanges and what that means for financing new developments
• A review of the impact stock exchange-associated regulation can have on investor confidence and the balance sheets of junior miners
• The preferred commodities and geographies of the mining investment community
• A review of investor sentiment toward mining equities and trends in capital deployed
• The relevance of alternative financings firms in the context of a resurgent commodities market
Head of Aspermont Research & Intelligence, Mining Journal
Chris runs Aspermont's dedicated research business. He has spent 15 years reporting, commenting, researching and providing geological consulting services for international mining information providers and independent equity-research firms.
Environment and Social Management Consultant, SRK Consulting
Jane Joughin is a corporate consultant at SRK Consulting (UK) with 25 years of experience providing environmental and social management consulting services to the mining industry, mostly in Africa, Europe and Central Asia. She overseen compliance audits and due diligence reviews of over 100 of mining projects/ operations. She is experienced in identifying and recommending practical solutions for key risks. Jane also provides environmental and social input to engineering studies for mining projects and has managed numerous environmental and social impact assessments for large mining developments.
Director of Mining, Edison Group
Charlie Gibson is an Oxford University graduate and a mining analyst based in London, though he has also worked in South Africa and New York. He started his career with Cazenove & Co spent some time with T Hoare Canaccord, and has also worked for a mining company as its mineral economist. Charlie is currently head of mining at Edison Investment Research.