Currently viewing Global edition

Solaris names Earle CEO

Unlisted Solaris Copper has named former TD Securities VP and precious and base metals analyst Dan Earle as president and CEO.
Solaris names Earle CEO Solaris names Earle CEO Solaris names Earle CEO Solaris names Earle CEO Solaris names Earle CEO

An outcrop at Warintza, Ecuador

Staff Reporter

As part of a wide-sweeping management change, the company also appointed Linda Chang as CFO, Purni Parikh as SVP corporate affairs and corporate secretary and James Steels to its board.

Solaris intends to undertake a non-brokered private placement financing to raise up to C$5.5 million at C40c a share plus a three-year half warrant to advance permitting, exploration and drilling on its properties.

Solaris was formed in August 2018 as a spin-out of Equinox Gold's copper assets. Equinox will subscribe for 6.9 million units in exchange for the cancellation of C$2.8 million in debt payable by Solaris to Equinox. Upon closing, Equinox will own about 32% of Solaris.

The company's flagship asset is the Warintza copper-molybdenum project in Ecuador. It also holds a 60% interest in the La Verde copper-silver-gold project in Mexico, with Teck Resources holding the remaining 40%.

Warintza hosts a 2013 inferred mineral resource estimate of 195 million tonnes grading 0.42% copper and 0.03% molybdenum, for contained metal of 1.8 billion pounds copper and 132Mlbs molybdenum.