- Gem Diamonds announces the recovery of a 442ct Type II white diamond from its Letseng mine in Lesotho amid a severely depressed diamond market.
- Eurasian Resources Group reveals its programme, Momentum-ON, helping the company's employees and their families during COVID-19 by encouraging young people to develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Ganfeng Lithium reports a difficult first half as pandemic affects its performance amid reduced demand for lithium salt and a continued downward spiral of prices.
- NRW Holdings announces higher than expected dividend; bullish outlook, sending shares in the Perth stock to their best levels since the industry wide COVID-19 panic selling earlier this year.
- Hochschild Mining reports production ramping up; first half earnings in line despite COVID-19 suspensions during the period.
- Minsur second quarter earnings reveal the full impact of COVID-19; tin production falls over 35% compared with the same period last year, along with lower gold and ferro-alloy output; sees company revenue fall by some 45%.
Industry bodies, government departments & regulators
- The Global Footprint Network (GFN) says COVID-19 has slowed global resource use and pushed back "Earth Overshoot Day" in 2020 by three weeks.