A comprehensive annual review of mining risk, including a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction rating system and an assessment of general business and operating risks and trends.
The Investment Risk Index ratings are built using a combination of 10 ‘hard risk’ metrics from established, risk-related indices – including MineHutte’s Regulatory Risk Ratings and Corruption Risk Index – and the accompanying ‘perceived risk’ score, established by the World Risk Survey that asks mining professionals from across the globe to provide ratings for a jurisdiction in which they have sufficient experience to take a considered view.
The hard risk metrics and perceived risk score are weighted 80% and 20%, respectively, and are assessed over five risk categories, which are also weighted: Legal (40%), Governance (25%), Social (15%), Fiscal (12.5%), and Infrastructure (7.5%). Jurisdictions accumulate a score out of 100, which corresponds with a rating from AAA, for those with negligible investment risk, through to D, for those with exceptionally high investment risk.
PDF Enterprise licence:
- Get unlimited distribution rights for your entire organization, including subsidiaries.
- Universally compatible with all major operating systems, quick and easy to read regardless of device.
- Capability to quickly and efficiently search for topics or companies from within your report.
- Smaller file sizes making it efficient to share internally.
- Ability to access the content while working remotely or offline.
- Option to extract sections from the pdf report to include in company presentations.
Access this report:
Access all reports with a Mining Journal Premium subscription at www.mining-journal.com/subscribe.
INSIDE THIS REPORT
What's in the report:
Executive summary: A section presenting a comprehensive summary of the report’s Investment Risk Index through detailed discussion, analysis, and visuals, including a heat map and reference tables. The section introduces the 10 ‘hard risk’ metrics and the ‘perceived risk’ scores which are combined to produce the Investment Risk Index ratings for each of the 100+ jurisdictions across the five categories including Legal, Governance, Social, Fiscal and Infrastructure.
Investment Risk Index: This section is centered on in-depth discussion and visual representation of hard and perceived risk levels and overall Investment Risk Index scores for the five categories measured: Legal, Governance, Social, Fiscal and Infrastructure.
Learn and discover:
- What is the global trend in risk for mining companies?
- What were the risk trends across the five categories: Legal, Governance, Social, Fiscal and Infrastructure?
- What are the lowest risk regions for mining investment?
- In what jurisdictions has risk risen – or fallen – the most?