The gold miner said yesterday it had closed the office "for a thorough cleaning and disinfection" and had asked employees to work from home until at least March 20 when the need for closure would be reevaluated.
Kinross said the man was at home in self-quarantine and in good condition. He had last been in the office on March 3 and had not attended PDAC, the company said.
Organisers of Toronto's annual major exploration and mining convention, which wrapped up last week, have confirmed a PDAC attendee has tested positive for the strain of coronavirus.
Sudbury and District medical officer of health Dr Penny Sutcliffe said based on investigations so far, authorities did not believe the individual was infectious while attending the PDAC 2020 conference March 2 and 3.
"Our working hypothesis at this time is that this individual was exposed to COVID-19 while at the conference and therefore we are advising those who attended the conference to monitor for symptoms for 14 days since leaving this event," she said.
Kinross said COVID-19 had not impacted production or product shipments at any of the company's sites to date.
It was monitoring the situation and understood its critical suppliers had mitigation plans in place to minimise any potential supply chain disruptions.
"Kinross will continue to prioritise the health and well-being of its employees, follow the advice of Toronto Public Health, and continue to implement its comprehensive global response plans," the company said.
Kinross lost almost 7% yesterday as mining equities and markets dropped.
Its shares had touched a one-year high of C$8.31 last month and closed at $6.65 to capitalise it at $8.3 billion (US$6 billion).