Power and access have been restored to site and the company confirmed site inspections showed no damage to infrastructure or equipment. It said the temporary shutdown had no material impact on the mine development schedule with first gold pour still pencilled-in for December.
"The immediate response and tireless efforts of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) contained the fire, protecting the people, homes, businesses and vital infrastructure of the community. On behalf of Pure Gold's board and executive management team, I would like to extend our sincere gratitude to all who worked so hard to protect the community," said CEO Darin Labrenz.
Battle North Gold also said Monday operations at the Bateman project had resumed and the company remained on schedule to deliver a feasibility study for the project before year end.
Australia's Evolution Mining also last week halted operations at its Red Lake mine. They've since resumed.