Africa is an essential player in the global mineral commodity supply, holding significant amounts of critical mineral commodities, such as cobalt, gold, and platinum. Mineral commodities are distributed widely, with certain countries being major producers of specific commodities. For instance, the DRC was a leader in cobalt and tantalum production in 2021, while South Africa was a leader in platinum production. Mining growth in Africa positively impacts the development of African countries and attracts more foreign investments to the continent.
The global transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy is expected to enhance the further expansion of Mining in Africa in the coming years.
Access this report
Click here to read the full report
Inside this report:
- Overview of the global mining industry
- Mineral commodities and their reserves worldwide
- Global mine production of minerals
- Minerals commodities price dynamics and forecasts
- Overview of the mining industry in Africa
- Supply of mineral commodities in Africa
- African trade in mineral commodities
- Potential of Africa in Mining: opportunities and challenges
- ESG principles implementation in African mining