Listen to Mining Journal and its partners discuss the findings of Mining Journal's inaugural World Risk Report (feat. MineHutte ratings)
Research lead Chris Cann will run through the headline findings of the report including the jurisdictions rated as the most secure investment destinations and, of course, those throwing up the greatest challenges for mining companies and investors. Look at what risks in general (not location specific) are rated the most severe by the industry, their ease of management, and whether they are rising or falling.
Key ground covered will include:
• Chief Legal Editor for MineHutte responsible for the analysis and evaluation of global mining laws and regulations and overseeing all of MineHutte's research.
• The challenge of dealing with every-increasing regulation (compliance).
• A review of trends in mining code changes globally and advice on best practice
• An overview of the 2017 World Risk Report results including jurisdiction ratings
• The relevance and problems with anti-corruption legislation
Head of Aspermont Research & Intelligence, Mining Journal
Chris has worked for the leading mining and commodities publications across Australia and the UK over the past 14 years, and has provided research and geological consulting services to independent equity research firms in London.
Chief Legal Editor, MineHutte
Chief Legal Editor for MineHutte responsible for the analysis and evaluation of global mining laws and regulations and overseeing all of MineHutte's research.
Regional Managing Partner, London, Fasken Martineau
A globally-recognised resource lawyer and regional managing partner of the firm's London office. Al is also the chairman of the World Initiative of Mining Lawyers based in Europe.
(CEnv, MIEMA, MSc), SRK
Over 10 years' experience in the mining industry, largely reviewing environmental and social aspects of projects and operations across a range of commodities and jurisdictions.