Currently viewing Global edition

Rio Tinto misses (again) on the G in ESG

Rio Tinto’s already tarnished ESG credentials have taken another hit, this time in the Canadian market because of its hand in getting rid of Ulf Quellmann, chief executive of Turquoise Hill (TRQ).

Rio Tinto misses (again) on the G in ESG Rio Tinto misses (again) on the G in ESG Rio Tinto misses (again) on the G in ESG Rio Tinto misses (again) on the G in ESG Rio Tinto misses (again) on the G in ESG

The Oyu Tolgoi operation in Mongolia

Montreal-based TRQ is 51% owned by Rio and holds 66% of the Oyu Tolgoi copper/gold mine (which is managed and operated by Rio) in Mongolia, with the government holding the remaining 34%.