Though apparently mature, Western Australia's prolific greenstone belts are still relatively untouched by leading edge exploration techniques and hold abundant opportunities for explorers with the appetite to leverage new technologies and geologic interpretations for deeper discoveries.
Consolidation also continues to threaten investors with larger groups and aggregated land packages, that would be worked by pooled corporate and operational skills sets.
MiningNews.net conducted a studio panel discussion to discuss the current sentiment and outlook for gold in Australia. Moderated by a member of our editorial team, the panel discussed:
- The new technologies and pre-competitive data available to assist success rates in a mature district
- The possibility of frontier jurisdictions within Western Australia versus the need to explore at depth for world-class discoveries
- The prospects of attracting finance in 2023 after a tough 2022
- How inflationary pressures will effect budgeting and how those pressures will be managed
- How long-speculated consolidation may effect exploration packages, budgets and success rates
- The gold price
Click here to watch the panel and view the latest updates from our expert panellists on the WA Gold sector