Mining Journal Intelligence’s Project Pipeline Handbook 2023 presents our pick of the 50 best mining projects in the world today, selected using our unique, objective scoring method. The aim is to identify quality – a daunting task for investors given the large volume of projects, and the 2,000-plus mining and exploration companies currently trading.
Our evaluation process involves collecting information from economic studies – ranging from PEA to feasibility stages – as they are published and feeding data into our system, which calculates a score out of 100.
Projects are assessed across 13 metrics in six categories – Economics, Jurisdiction, Confidence, Financeability, Engineering/metallurgy, and Geology. More than 150 studies have been added since last year’s handbook.
Owners of high-scoring projects are invited to present at the handbook’s sister events, Mining Journal Select and MiningNews Select. The report also features analysis of our database of more than 400 projects with combined capex of US$170 billion (assets are removed when they begin production).
Data is collected from economic studies, ranging from the PEA to feasibility stages, as they are published, and fed into our database.
Projects are assessed across 13 metrics, which make up three primary and three subsidiary categories, to give an overall score out of 100.
The primary categories – Economics, Jurisdiction, and Confidence – account for 40%, 20%, and 15%, respectively, of the overall rating.
In the subsidiary categories, Financeability makes up 10% of the score, with Engineering/metallurgy and Geology each weighted at 7.5%.
Projects are removed from the database once they enter production.
Read the full 76-page report
(Premium Subscribers Only)
Learn more about the report
(Standard Subscribers and Non-Subscribers)
Mining Journal Research and Intelligence delivers annual standalone reports that expand upon the most relevant discussion points in the mining sector.
If you’d like to purchase the Mining Journal Intelligence Project Pipeline Handbook 2023 as a standalone item rather than as part of a Mining Journal Subscription please make your purchase here.
Access all reports with a Mining Journal Premium subscription at www.mining-journal.com/subscribe.
- Get unlimited distribution rights for your entire organization, including subsidiaries.
- Universally compatible with all major operating systems, quick and easy to read regardless of device.
- Capability to quickly and efficiently search for topics or companies from within your report.
- Smaller file sizes making it efficient to share internally.
- Ability to access the content while working remotely or offline.
- Option to extract sections from the pdf report to include in company presentations.
- Contact us on +44 (0) 208 187 2299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for an enterprise license.